The Public Education Foundation of Marion County is proud to once again offer “Teacher to Be” Scholarships to non-instructional Marion County Public Schools personnel.
If you are part of our MCPS family and are working to become a classroom teacher, this scholarship is an opportunity for you!
Online applications must be submitted by September 30th, 2023
The “Teacher to Be” Scholarship opportunity is open to Marion County Public School non-instructional personnel with a minimum of 2 years of employment in the district and who meet the following criteria:
- current enrollment in college & working towards a bachelor’s degree/teacher certification
- already posess an AA/AS degree (or approximately 60 credits)
- have the ultimate goal of becoming a teacher
- plan to teach in Marion County Public Schools after graduation
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and support outstanding MCPS employees who have the desire to become classroom teachers.
The scholarship award amount is $500 per semester for a maximum of five semesters.
For the online application, you will need to prepare the following documents to be uploaded:
- Current class schedule
- Letter of recommendation from current Principal/Supervisor
- Essay response titled “Why I want to become a Teacher” (300 words or less)
Please contact the Foundation at 352-671-4167 for additional questions.