About Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children provides a unique opportunity for deserving low-income youth/students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education. We offer our students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college.
Our program is based on the principal that given extensive support, motivation and accountability, children will work hard to ensure that they graduate from high school and attain a college degree. We fund our college scholarships and student services through a unique public-private fund raising model, and our mentors generously volunteer their mentoring services to our children.
Selections Process: We select Marion County Public School students during their 8th grade year. Students must be eligible for free or reduced lunch.
- To be eligible to apply, the student/family MUST meet the following criteria:
- 2.5 unweighted Grade Point Average (C+ average or above in all classes)
- Families MUST meet the free/reduced lunch income eligibility guidelines
- To check your eligibility for the 2020-2021 school year, please review the TSIC Eligibility Flyer – 2020-2021
- Families must provide income tax documentation
- If the student & their family meet the eligibility requirements, please note the following:
- October 9th, 2020 – TSIC Scholarship Applications are available
- Applications must be completed and submitted online, with attached proof of income (copy of 2019 income taxes)
- If the family did not file income taxes for 2019, please email Meghan.Magamoll@marion.k12.fl.us to discuss the circumstances.
- If the family cannot complete the forms online, please contact our office directly.
*Families will be notified of their application status by March 2021.
*Eligibility does not guarantee a student will be accepted. A limited number of students are accepted.