Tools 4 Teaching exists for one reason – to help teachers in our local classrooms.
Created in early 2009, Tools 4 Teaching provides “Free” school supplies to teachers and students in our local classrooms. Tools 4 Teaching, located inside the Public Education Foundation of Marion County, is open to all full-time teachers working for Marion County Public Schools. Teachers can shop once a month for needed classroom supplies – everything from pencils, paper, art supplies and much more. With the help of many volunteers, the T4T store has given out more than $5,000,000 in school supplies! Watch a 30 second preview of the Tools 4 Teaching Store! For volunteer or donation information please contact the Foundation directly at (352) 671-4167.
MCPS Classroom teachers – If you would like to shop in-person at the Tools 4 Teaching store, please read the information below regarding scheduling your appointment online.
- Teachers must pre-register for their in-person shopping date and time online at https://teachersfreestore.com/marion/ttlogin.aspx
- You may only register to shop once per month
- The T4T Store will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:15pm during the months of January through May. Specific dates and times are indicated in the teacher portal when signing up.
- The store will host up to 100 teachers during each of the shopping dates
- Shopping times and appointments will be open to book the appointments on a month to month schedule
- If something happens and you need to reschedule an appointment, just log in and reschedule for an available time so your spot can open for another teacher
- All supplies are FREE thanks to the generosity of our donors, and product availability may change month to month
- Bring your own shopping bag and identification badge
- No children will be allowed in the building at this time
- Remember, all items are FREE and are intended to be used in your classroom or provided to a student in need
- During certain shopping dates and times, community partners may help provide additional items for teachers
- The store is located inside the Public Education Foundation office at 1239 NW 4th Street, Ocala FL 34475
- Teachers can download an information packet here: T4T Teacher Information
Are you interested in donating school supplies to the Tools 4 Teaching Store?
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE GLADLY WELCOMED AND ACCEPTED
School Supplies • Backpacks • Composition books • Flash drives • Loose leaf paper • Pocket folders • Calculators • Crayons • Highlighters • Markers • Protractors • #2 Pencils • Divider tabs• 3-hole punches• Pens • Rulers • Colored pencils • Dry erase markers • Index cards • Pencil cases • Scissors • Compasses • Erasers • Journals • Pencil sharpeners • Spiral notebooks
Arts & Crafts • Clay • Felt squares • Glue sticks • Paint brushes • Chalk • Construction paper • Foam • Oil pastels • Poster boards • Tissue paper • Drawing pencils • Glue bottles • Paint • Scrapbook paper • Watercolors
Teaching Tools & Incentives • Binder and paper clips • Copy paper • File folders • Promotional products • Tape and tape dispensers • Binders • Desk organizers
Accessories • Headphones • Staplers and staples • Tote bags • Bulletin boards • Ear buds – new • Sticky notes • Stickers • Toys and games (educational only)
Hygiene Items & Cleaning Supplies • Body wash • Deodorant • Hand sanitizer • Soap • Tissues • Cleaning wipe • Shampoo and conditioner • Toothpaste and Toothbrushes
Unfortunately, We Do Not Accept The Following:
• Empty paper towel/toilet paper rolls • Industrial cleaning chemicals • Religious items • Tube TV screens or monitors• Used ink cartridges or outdated electronic devices
• File cabinets/Office furniture • Razors and razor blades • Rubber cement • Used carpet samples or squares • Used stuffed animals or clothing
Interested in hosting a drive or have additional questions? Contact us today!